The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for carrying out select human resources functions (recruiting, selection, onboarding, training & development, staffing management, performance management, compensation & benefits, legal compliance, leave management, policy administration, employee engagement, and communication) in accordance with the company's policies and the laws, regulations, and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory agencies.
Essential Duties Include:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by answering questions and resolving work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive remuneration packages in accordance with legal requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Perform difficult staffing duties including addressing understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Compile benchmark data and key HR metrics to analyze performance and identify trends, conduct exit interviews.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with co-workers.
- Organize recognition and appreciation events throughout the year.
- Stay abreast of relevant legislative and best-practice changes that affect the company.
- Regular attendance in accordance with assigned schedule.
- Ability to perform physical requirements as listed in job description
- Other essential and non-essential duties, as assigned by management